This is not the biography of a lightweight. This is the biography of a self-made man who succeeded through hard work and talent.
(1) John McCain, by contrast, was fifth from the bottom in a class of over 800 at Annapolis [reference].
(2) John McCain's book "Faith of My Fathers," was co-written by Mark Salter. You can bet Salter did most of the actual writing.
(3) Both of the Republican candidates have their speeches written by others.
(4) McCain's father and grandfather were admirals, which may explain why he kept flying after losing four military aircraft in accidents -- one by flying so low he snagged power lines.
(5) McCain's second wife was worth about $100 million when he married her.
(6) I've seen video of John McCain predicting easy victory in Iraq.