This is a good time to look at Obama's foreign policy and, closely related, military record. It is outstanding. Consider:
- Our military is no longer bogged down in Iraq.
- Large quantities of loose nuclear materials have been brought to safety. This significantly reduces the biggest security threat we face: loose nukes falling into al Qaeda's hands.
- Our overseas popularity is way up (for example, according to Time magazine this week, in Britain trust of the US President went from 16% before Obama to 80%).
- The al Qaeda leadership has been decimated, including the death of their top dog, Osama bin Laden.
- The Taliban have been pushed back in both Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Iran is struggling under well co-ordinated international sanctions.
- Iran's nuclear program was severely damaged by a computer virus, probably planted by the US and Israel.
- North Korea is almost completely isolated.
- Cuba and Venezuela are struggling.
- Four Arab dictators have been toppled, and another (Syria's Assad) is in deep, deep trouble.
- A number of African countries have made significant steps towards democracy.
Unlike domestic policy where Congress holds a lot of the cards, foreign policy is almost entirely the responsibility of the President. How things go overseas is a good measure of his leadership and Obama's lookin' good.