- 750,000 jobs lost a month
- two long running wars, one going very poorly
- a $1.2 trillion dollar deficit
- over $10 trillion of debt
- a deep recession
- an auto industry teetering on the brink
- a financial system in existential crisis
More generally the ObamaMeter web site shows that of Obama's promises 121 have been kept, 39 resulted in compromise, 22 were broken, 81 stalled, and 240 are in the works. While purists may despair, this is pretty good for the real world.
If it's important to you that politicians deliver on their promises, then it would be wise to reward those who do so by reelecting them. The Democrats have hardly been perfect in this regard, but they've been pretty good. Vote for them.