- During the Bush administration torture by the U.S. government was widespread.
- This torture was approved and promoted at the highest levels of government.
- This torture was in direct contradiction to the U.S. Constitution, which prohibits 'cruel and unusual punishment'.
- This torture generated little if any reliable intelligence.
- The Constitution Project's Task Force on Detainee Treatment
- The U.S. Bi-Partisan Leadership Against Torture on the 25th Anniversary of President Ronald Reagan Signing the Convention Against Tortue and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment of Punishment.
Of course, if America wakes up to the fact that our most basic laws were grievously violated by the highest officers in the land, and that these crimes severely damaged our standing in the world thus aiding our enemies immensely, we just might prosecute ourselves.